BGA REWORK PROCESS IMPLEMENTATION
This high tech course is designed to help you set up your own BGA Rework Department in house and for those companies that are already doing BGA Rework but are having difficulty to achieve a high yield.
Learn everything you need to set up or improve your own BGA Rework Process in house. You will get to try out and evaluate the latest models of BGA Rework Stations, Table Top Reflow Ovens, and various Stencils and Reball Fixtures at our facility. Including Shuttle Star, Zhuomao, WisdomShow and we even have an SRT 1000.
We will show you the process we have developed over our 25 years in business to achieve zero defect rework.
The latest processes, materials, equipment and techniques for rework of BGA, QFN, LGA, PoP and other SMD components.
Key Topics Include:
- A review of the parameters for establishing a safe thermal profile.
- Circuit board preparation - masking, baking and other process steps.
- BGA site preparation.
- Solder mask breakdown - how to prevent it, how to fix it.
- BGA removal and replacement process.
- Inspection and interpreting x-ray results.
- BGA Re-Balling
- BGA pad Repair
- Flux Considerations for BGA's, LGA's and QFN's.
- Solder Paste Considerations for Fine Pitch Devices.
- Latest Techniques for QFN and LGA Installation.
- Solder Bumping vs. Solder Paste.
- Tacky Flux vs. Solder Paste.
- How to achieve a Void Fee component installation.
- The latest stencils and fixtures available to achieve Zero Defect.
- Working with fine pitch and extremely small devices.
- Identify and resolve defect anomalies related to the Lead Free Process.
- Identify and resolve defect anomalies related to Surface Finish, i.e.. "Black Pad".
And Much more!
Price for this 3-day class at our Oroville facility is $1000.00 per student. We also provide this course at the customer facility and combine the training with an on site consulting and evaluation of your current in house process.
Call (888) 406-2830 for more details and class schedules.